Damn why does it seem when Friday comes I look back and ask myself, “What the *%$@ did I get accomplished?” I was going to rant, but held off because I hear Painberry has a doozy of an article soon to be posted on the “Big Fuzzy”. So until that time I will just sit back and watch all those bullets go whizzing by my head. Been spending two hours a night on the VK-14 server, trying to get more game experience in as we work towards Beta 2. I guess I should not be surprised, but many who are on that server, A) Must not visit the forum or B) Not read the web site. It seems they ask questions and want information which we have given out freely on both. Of course then comes the challenge of trying to type a response while trying to fight. Uh uh…doesn’t work. You end up dead. Don’t try this at home.
Earlier in the week, Silicon Ice Development announced new game play modes for Beta 2. Just to recap those were: Search and Destroy, Tax Collector, Infiltrate and Assassinate. From what I have gathered many like the announcement of the new versions, but there are still some skeptics. I am sure that is well justified, until SID releases more team play information. From what Apoxol told me, these were the “easiest to code in.” There will be more game play mode or changes to come. For more information on the new modes, check out the Urban Terror web site.
While I have not really been keeping up to date on the happenings in Action Quake 2, I still talk to the two monkeys I left in charge at the AQMD, Smurphster and GreyDeath. Smurph keeps raving about a mapper who goes by the name of Makro PN who comes from Romania. While I have only seen screen shots of his AQ2 creations, check out these seven shots of his first attempt using the Quake III engine:
With the introduction of ARIES for Beta 2, there were and still are many questions which have been asked. Apoxol answered some of those questions on the forums. Here is what he had to say.
Ok, lemme help you guys out a bit. 🙂
1) When you die now your screen fades to black before you become a spectator again
2) Blood emanates through the exactly point of impact using A.R.I.E.S..
3) If a player is bleeding you will see blood dripping out of the spot they were originally injured in (using aries).. The amount of individual blood drips is configurable.
4) Blood that drips from a bleeding player leaves stains on the ground, so you can follow dem bastards.
5) When you get hit i think it would be a good idea to jerk the crosshair a bit, ill look into adding that.
6) CrazyButcher has already animated us different death animations for the different kill zones. So if you kill someone with a headshot you will be graced with a nice headshot death anim (we also have pain animations but we may not use them).
Hope that helps clarify a few things.
For a glance at the enter thread leading up to this, click here.